4K Enrollment Information
This page provides information for families who live within the boundaries of the DCE district who are enrolling students in the D.C. Everest 4K program for the first time.
If your family lives outside the DCE district, you may enroll but your enrollment is pending open enrollment approval. Please note that based on our current staffing, in the January 2024 School Board meeting, D.C. Everest determined there is no space for any open enrolling students who are new to the district and require special education services for the upcoming 2024-2025 school year. Space determinations are reviewed each January for the following school year. Visit our Open Enrollment page.
Enrollment is held in February. Any child enrolling in 4-Year Old Kindergarten must be 4 years old on or before September 1 of the year for which they are enrolling. Families can choose from morning or afternoon half-day classroom options. Students can be a part of the 4K program for one school year.
Please note, 4K community sites have limited enrollment and applications are processed in the order they are received.
We encourage families to enroll their student(s) online. If you prefer to enroll using paper forms, please scroll to the bottom of this page where the forms are listed, or you may pick up enrollment forms at one of our 4K community sites. If you choose to pick up forms at one of these sites, please contact the location and schedule a time to pick up and return the forms.
Before beginning the enrollment process:
- Check the 4K Boundary Map to determine which site your child will attend.
- Have the following information ready:
- Household address and phone numbers
- Parent/guardian work and cell phone numbers, email addresses
- Student health/medication information
- Emergency contact addresses and phone numbers
- Gather your child’s immunization records. If you do not have up-to-date immunization records available, you can visit the online Wisconsin Immunization Registry and download your child’s records by providing the child’s name and Social Security number.
- Gather a copy of your child’s birth certificate. If a birth certificate is not available, you can complete Form 5111 F1 and submit the documentary evidence listed.
- If custody has been established by the courts, a copy of the court order or placement papers must be submitted.
- If you are enrolling more than one student, you will be able to enroll all students in one session (regardless of what grade they are entering). You do not need to complete individual online enrollment sessions for each child.
For additional information contact Rachel Koss 715.359.4221, ext. 1247 or send Rachel an email.
Enrollment for the D.C. Everest 4K program is now open!